Jun 15, 2024  
2022-2023 Undergraduate Catalog 
2022-2023 Undergraduate Catalog [Archived Catalog]

Human Services Minor

Program: Minor
Department of Human Services  
School of Education

Neff Hall 130 

Administrative Assistant: 260-481-6424

Peer Advisor: 260-481-6986

The minor in human services is available to students enrolled in baccalaureate programs other than the Bachelor of Science in human services. The minor can enhance the career opportunities for liberal arts, general studies, and other majors. The minor requires 15 credit hours of specified courses, which must be completed with a grade of C- or better. Students should contact the Department of Human Services at 260-481-6986 to set up an appointment  with our peer advisor to discuss our minor requirements. 

Program Requirements

Required Courses: Credits 6

Choose two of the following:


HSRV 10300   Helping Relationship Techniques (3 cr)

HSRV 10500   Basic Interviewing Skills (3 cr)

HSRV 16900   Wellness and Stress Management (3 cr)

Required Track Courses: Credits 9

Choose one of the following tracks and take 3 courses (9 cr) listed in that track.


Substance Abuse Track (9 cr required)

Case Management Track (9 cr required)

Policy/Non-Profit Management Track (9 cr required)

  • HSRV 21100   Dynamics of Group Behavior (3 cr)
  • HSRV 32400   Non-Profit Management (3 cr)
  • HSRV 37700   Ethics, Policy, Law, & Professionalism (3 cr)

Total Credits: 15

Student Responsibility

You are responsible for ensuring that you satisfy all graduation requirements specified for each selected program.  Thus, it is essential that you develop a thorough understanding of the required courses, academic policies, and procedures governing your academic career.  If you cannot complete all program requirements by your stated graduation date but fail to remove those from your plan of study, the Registrar’s Office in consultation with your academic advisor will remove unmet pursuits from your plan of study. Changing curricular records during the graduation term of application may affect state or federal financial aid awards. All requests for exceptions to specific requirements must be made in writing and may be granted only by written approval from the appropriate chair or dean.