May 28, 2022
We are excited that you are pursuing a Bachelor of Science with a major in Human Services. You have taken an important step in this process by completing your TSAP Associate degree in Human Services. We are ready to help you start this leg of your journey. The Purdue Fort Wayne TSAP on-campus program is designed with you, the learner, in mind.
At the time you are admitted to the B.S. program, you will declare your major with the Department of Human Services.
- Students new to Purdue Fort Wayne must complete an application for undergraduate admission and meet the criteria for admission to the University. In addition, students must complete a two-step TB test, a criminal background check, and a drug test. Students must also have a 2.8 in pre-requisite courses and a cumulative GPA of 2.0. Students who have previously taken courses at Purdue Fort Wayne should apply for reentry to the University if they have not been actively enrolled at Purdue Fort Wayne for one year or greater.
- No additional courses, beyond those required for the TSAP A.S., are required for admission to the B.S. Program.
- To earn the B.S. you must obtain an overall GPA of 2.0; in addition, any course below the grade of C- must be repeated.
- All students in the B.S. with a major in Human Services program are expected to meet the same student learning outcomes and program requirements, including completing two areas of concentration. Additional program requirements exist for all students in the B.S. with a major in Human Services; see the Program Description page for Human Services.
- You are responsible for satisfying the graduation requirements specified for your selected program. Thus, it is essential that you develop a thorough understanding of the required courses, academic policies and procedures governing your academic career. All requests for exceptions to specific requirements must be made in writing and may be granted only by written approval from the appropriate chair or dean.
- List of Major and supporting courses required at PFW; total credits in program = 120.
TSAP in Human Services (B.S.) 2-Year Plan
- COM 30300 Intercultural Communication Cr. 3.
- ENGL 23301 Intermediate Expository Writing Cr. 3
- STAT 12500 Communicating with Statistics Cr. 3.
- General Education Capstone Category C8 Cr. 3
Choose from the following: Cr. 3.
(NOTE: Either PSY 23500 of PSY 36900 may be taken for credit, NOT BOTH)
Concentration: Credits 12
TSAP students must select one concentration area to be completed at Purdue University Fort Wayne. Transfer courses will be accepted to meet the requirements of the Diversity Concentration, fulfilling the second concentration area, if grades of C- or higher were earned in these courses.
All Concentration Area courses must be approved by the students’ advisor prior to registration. Students are required to choose four courses within the selected area of concentration. Not all courses are taught every semester. All courses require a C- or higher. It is the responsibility of the student to check for course prerequisites prior to meeting with the advisor. See Human Services program description page for more details.
Human Services Major Requirements: Credits 33
HSRV 16900 - Intro to Wellness & Stress Management Cr. 3.
HSRV 20000 Behavioral Therapies Cr. 3.
HSRV 31500 Intro to Theories and Therapies Cr. 3.
HSRV 32000 Case Methods Cr. 3.
HSRV 32400 Non-Profit Management Cr. 3
HSRV 37700 Ethics, Policy, Law, & Prof Issues in Human Services Cr. 3.
HSRV 39900 Special Topics: Trauma and Grief Cr. 3.
HSRV 40000 Internship I (Fall Only) Cr. 2.
HSRV 40100 Intern Seminar (Fall Only) Cr. 1.
HSRV 41700 Research Methods Cr. 3.
HSRV 41900 Advanced Intervention Strategies Cr. 3
HSRV 45000 Internship II (Spring Only) Cr. 2.
HSRV 45100 Intern Seminar (Spring Only) Cr. 1.