Mar 01, 2024
Liberal Arts Building 267 ~ 260-481-6836
Both majors and non majors are encouraged to study abroad. For those who wish to study French, opportunities are available in Belgium, Canada, France, Switzerland, the French Antilles, Senegal or La Reunion.
Declaring this Minor:
- The catalog term for the minor will match that of your major degree program
- At least 6 credits must be earned as resident credit at the 2000+ level or above
- You must earn a grade of C- or higher for all courses required in the minor
- A minor is not awarded if requirements are not completed by the time your major degree is certified for graduation
To earn the minor in French, you must fulfill the following requirements in addition to those noted above:
Required Courses: Credits 3
3000+ Level Courses: Credits 12
- Choose 12 credits of French courses (FR) at the 3000+ level.
- At least 3 of the credits must be from the from the French Literature, Culture, or Film list below.
- If pre-approved by the French program advisor, one course of the remaining 9 required credits of 3000+ level courses may be substituted with a related course in English.
You are responsible for ensuring that you satisfy all graduation requirements specified for each selected program. Thus, it is essential that you develop a thorough understanding of the required courses, academic policies, and procedures governing your academic career. If you cannot complete all program requirements by your stated graduation date but fail to remove those from your plan of study, the Registrar’s Office in consultation with your academic advisor will remove unmet pursuits from your plan of study. Changing curricular records during the graduation term of application may affect state or federal financial aid awards. All requests for exceptions to specific requirements must be made in writing and may be granted only by written approval from the appropriate chair or dean.