Jun 14, 2024  
2023-2024 Undergraduate Catalog 
2023-2024 Undergraduate Catalog [Archived Catalog]

Ethics, Professional And Applied - Minor

Program: Minor
Department of English and Linguistics 
College of Liberal Arts 

Liberal Arts Building 17 ~ 260-481-6971

A minor in Professional and Applied Ethics enhances your ability for ethical reflection, introduces you to the ethical dimensions of business and the professions, and prepares you to deal with the ethical dilemmas you are likely to encounter.  It complements a major in such fields as anthropology, biology, business, communication, English, health sciences, history, nursing, psychology, or sociology.  The minor will also help you to prepare for graduate study in any of these fields or in law, medicine, natural science, religion and theology, or social work.

Declaring this Minor:

  • Declare this minor within the Department of English and Linguistics  or through your major department

Program Requirements:

  • The catalog term for the minor will match that of your major degree program
  • At least 6 credits must be earned as resident credit at the 2000+ level or above
  • You must earn a grade of C- or higher for all courses required in the minor
  • Other courses approved for the minor may be available, contact the minor’s Program Director
  • A minor is not awarded if requirements are not completed by the time your major degree is certified for graduation

To earn the minor in Professional and Applied Ethics, you must fulfill the following requirements in addition to those noted above:

Core Requirements

Total Credits: 15

Student Responsibility

You are responsible for ensuring that you satisfy all graduation requirements specified for each selected program.  Thus, it is essential that you develop a thorough understanding of the required courses, academic policies, and procedures governing your academic career.  If you cannot complete all program requirements by your stated graduation date but fail to remove those from your plan of study, the Registrar’s Office in consultation with your academic advisor will remove unmet pursuits from your plan of study. Changing curricular records during the graduation term of application may affect state or federal financial aid awards. All requests for exceptions to specific requirements must be made in writing and may be granted only by written approval from the appropriate chair or dean.