Jan 22, 2021
Department of Physics
College of Arts and Sciences
Kettler Hall 126B ~ 260-481-6306
The concentration in Biomedical Physics is of value to students interested in pursing careers related to the medical profession or biological physics.
Student Learning Outcomes:
Upon completion of this degree, students:
- will be able to meet entrance prerequisites for medical school, medical physics, or preparation for the study of biophysics.
- This program is available on-campus
Declaring this Major:
Physics Biomedical 4-Year Plan:
- Physics 15200 must be repeated if a grade of C- or below is received
- A grade of C- or above in all supporting courses is required
- A maximum of one grade below C- is allowed except for in supporting courses
- A GPA of 2.00 or higher for all courses taken for the major
To earn the B.S. with a major in Physics and a concentration in Biomedical Physics, you must fulfill the following requirements in addition to the General Requirements noted above:
General Education Requirements: Credits 33
- Click on the Purdue Fort Wayne General Education Requirements link above for details.
Some majors may require particular General Education courses as specified in their program description. Up to six credits of approved General Education courses satisfying requirements in Areas A and B, and three credits satisfying requirements in Area C, may originate in the major. A grade of C- or higher in each course, and an overall GPA of 2.0 is required to satisfy the Purdue Fort Wayne General Education Requirements.
College of Arts and Sciences Requirements
- Click on the Purdue Fort Wayne College Requirements link above. Go to Requirements for the Bachelor of Science Degree.
English Writing and Speaking: Credits 6
- See Part A in Arts and Sciences Requirements for the Bachelor of Science Degree for Speaking requirement
International Language: Credits 6-8
- See Part B in Arts and Sciences Requirements for the Bachelor of Science Degree
Core Physics Major Courses: Credits 22
Core Supporting Courses: Credits 16
Additional Physics Courses: Credits 20
Additional Supporting Courses: Credits 19
Biophysics: Credits 20
This track is for students studying Biophysics.
Medical Physics: Credits 17
This track is for students preparing to pursue an advanced degree in Medical Physics.
Pre-Med: Credits 14
This track is designed as preparation for medical school.
- Sufficient additional credits to bring the total to 120.
You are responsible for satisfying the graduation requirements specified for your selected program. Thus, it is essential that you develop a thorough understanding of the required courses, academic policies and procedures governing your academic career. All requests for exceptions to specific requirements must be made in writing and may be granted only by written approval from the appropriate chair or dean.