School of Polytechnic
College of Engineering, Technology, and Computer Science
Engineering, Technology, and Computer Science Building 221 ~ 260-481-6338
Industrial Engineering Technology is part of the School of Polytechnic. Industrial Engineering Technology (IET) prepares students for existing and emerging careers in improving the bottom-line of manufacturing and service industries. Industrial engineers solve the problems of industry by improving quality, productivity, and utilizing resources efficiently. The need for industrial engineers is growing, as companies adopt industrial engineering principles such as, six sigma and lean manufacturing, to survive in the competitive world.
IET B.S. Program Objectives
1. To prepare graduates with knowledge, technical, analytical, and managerial skills necessary to develop, implement, and improve integrated systems in manufacturing and service industries that include people, materials, equipment, information, and energy.
2. To develop a respect for diversity and a knowledge of contemporary professional, societal, and global issues with an understanding of professional and ethical responsibilities
3. To prepare graduates for careers in higher levels of system design, integration, and management.
Student outcomes for the degree are as follows:
- an ability to apply knowledge, techniques, skills and modern tools of mathematics, science, engineering, and technology to solve broadly-defined engineering problems appropriate to the discipline.
- an ability to design systems, components, or processes meeting specified needs for broadly-defined engineering problems appropriate to the discipline.
- an ability to apply written, oral, and graphical communication in broadly-defined technical and non-technical environments; and an ability to identify and use appropriate technical literature.
- an ability to conduct standard tests, measurements, and experiments and to analyze and interpret the results to improve processes.
- an ability to function effectively as a member as well as a leader on technical teams.
The Industrial Engineering Technology degree is accredited by the Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org.
POLYTECHNIC programs emphasize practice-based learning via hands-on laboratory applications using state-of-the-art equipment. Some courses are available through online, distance, and hybrid learning, however many incorporate an on-campus laboratory element.
Declaring This Major
Students interested in declaring Industrial Engineering Technology as their major may do so in one of two ways:
1. On their application when they first apply to the university.
2. After meeting with a faculty advisor, a change of major can be declared.
1. Degree Requirements
2. General Education Requirements
3. Overlapping Content
4. Academic Regulations