Apr 20, 2024  
2023-2024 Undergraduate Catalog 
2023-2024 Undergraduate Catalog [Archived Catalog]

Music Technology Minor

Return to {$returnto_text} Return to: Program Descriptions

Program: Minor

College of Visual and Performing Arts

Rhinehart Music Center (RC) 144 ~ 260-481-6714

A minor in music technology is designed for students who wish to explore the field of music technology while majoring in another area. The student may customize the curriculum to realize their own musical and creative potential. To earn this minor, you must complete 12 credits selected from the courses listed below and earn a grade of C- or better in each. Students are required to meet all course prerequisites. 6 resident credits must be earned at the 200 level or above.

The student learning outcomes for the music minor are as follows:

  1. Students will demonstrate knowledge of, and skill using, music recording and production technology.
  2. Students will develop basic understand of electronic music technologies and their application in music creation and production.  

Program Description

Students can join in the music making, even if music is not their major, with a music technology minor program that includes 12 credit hours of music technology courses.

Program Delivery:

This program is available on main campus and the PFW Sweetwater Campus with some courses available as distance learning.

 Declaring this Minor:

Students may declare minor through their academic advisor.

Program Requirements: Credits 12

Total Credits: 12

Student Responsibility

You are responsible for ensuring that you satisfy all graduation requirements specified for each selected program. Thus, it is essential that you develop a thorough understanding of the required courses, academic policies, and procedures governing your academic career. If you cannot complete all program requirements by your stated graduation date but fail to remove those from your plan of study, the Registrar’s Office in consultation with your academic advisor will remove unmet pursuits from your plan of study. Changing curricular records during the graduation term of application may affect state or federal financial aid awards. All requests for exceptions to specific requirements must be made in writing and may be granted only by written approval from the appropriate chair or dean.

Return to {$returnto_text} Return to: Program Descriptions