Mar 23, 2023
We are excited that you are pursuing a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology. You have taken an important step in this process by completing your TSAP Associate of Arts degree in Psychology at Ivy Tech Community College. We are ready to help you start this leg of your journey. The Purdue Fort Wayne TSAP on-campus program is designed with you, the learner, in mind.
At the time you are admitted to the B.A. in Psychology program, you will declare your major with the Department of Psychology.
- Students must have a GPA of 2.00 for admission to this program.
- No courses, beyond those required for the TSAP A.A. degree, are required for admission to the Psychology program.
- Students can choose a minor, if desired.
- A grade of C- or higher for all courses is required in the major and a GPA of 2.00 or higher for all major department courses taken.
- All students in the B. A. in Psychology program are expected to meet the same student learning outcomes and program requirements. Additional program requirements exist for all students in the B.A. in Psychology; see the Program Description page for Psychology (B.A.).
- You are responsible for satisfying the graduation requirements specified for your selected program. Thus, it is essential that you develop a thorough understanding of the required courses, academic policies and procedures governing your academic career. All requests for exceptions to specific requirements must be made in writing and may be granted only by written approval from the appropriate chair or dean.
- List of Major and supporting courses required at PFW; total credits in program = 120.
TSAP in Psychology (B.A., Ivy Tech) 2-Year Plan:
Psychology Major Requirements: Credits 33
PSY 14000 Critical Foundations for Psychology, 3 credits
PSY 20100 Introduction to Statistics in Psychology, 3 credits
PSY 20300 Introduction to Research Methods in Psychology, 3 credits
PSY 31400 Introduction to Learning, 3 credits
PSY 32900 Psychobiology II: Principles of Psychobiological Psychology, 3 credits
PSY 41600 Cognitive Psychology, 3 credits
Psychology Elective Courses 2000+ Level, 12 credits*
Psychology Capstone Requirement, 3 credits*
Supporting Courses: 6-24 Credits
- Human Diversity and International Culture requirement*
- Distribution requirement*
- Western Culture requirement*
- GCAP Category C8 - Capstone Experience
* See your Academic Advisor or Psychology (B.A.) program description page for a list of approved courses.
- Completion of the FOCUS career guidance tool and a Career Services session to review the results (during PSY 14000)
- Completion of a Career Services session to review resume or curriculum vitae (during junior year)
- Completion of a Career Services session focused on cover letter review, personal statement review, or mock interview (during senior year)
- Successful completion of the Exit Exam in Psychology
Free Electives as needed to reach 120 credits total for degree