College of Liberal Arts
Liberal Arts Building 223 ~ 260-481-0148
Program Coordinator: Lachlan Whalen
The certificate in International Studies is designed for students who are interested in developing a greater understanding of the histories and cultures of other nations, and in studying the various means used to promote and maintain normal relations among them. This certificate can be earned and awarded independent of other degree(s).
Student Learning Outcomes:
Upon completion of this certificate, students will:
- demonstrate an appreciation of the histories and cultures of other nations and the various means used to promote and maintain relations among them.
- understand the impact of individual decisions on the world and world events on the individual.
- demonstrate the ability to think critically about major international issues.
Declaring this Certificate:
- Declare this certificate through your major department or the program coordinator.
- A minimum GPA of 2.00 or higher is required for graduation
- A grade of C- or higher in each course required for the certificate
- At least 9 credits must be earned as resident credit
To earn the Certificate in International Studies, you must fulfill the following requirements in addition to those noted above: