Jun 16, 2024  
2023-2024 Undergraduate Catalog 
2023-2024 Undergraduate Catalog [Archived Catalog]

Electronics Minor

Program: Minor
School of Polytechnic  
College of Engineering, Technology, and Computer Science

Engineering, Technology, and Computer Science Building 205 ~ 260-481-4127 

The minor in electronics provides a fundamental technical background in analog and digital electronics to enable you to understand, analyze, and troubleshoot basic circuits. It also enables you to specialize and gain an in-depth knowledge of a particular area of electronics.

The School of Polytechnic also offers the Bachelor and Associate of Science with a major in electrical engineering technology (EET), a Bachelor of Science with a major in computer engineering technology (CPET) and a Bachelor of Science with a major in information technology. In addition to the degrees, the department offers certificate programs in computer-controlled systems, electronic communications, power electronics systems, and computer networking.  EET and CPET majors are not eligible for the Electronics Minor.  

To earn a minor in electronics, you must complete the following courses with a C- or higher and, unless you have already completed them, the 6 credits of mathematics prerequisites (MA 15300 & MA 15400):

Total Credits: 20

Student Responsibility

You are responsible for ensuring that you satisfy all graduation requirements specified for each selected program.  Thus, it is essential that you develop a thorough understanding of the required courses, academic policies, and procedures governing your academic career.  If you cannot complete all program requirements by your stated graduation date but fail to remove those from your plan of study, the Registrar’s Office in consultation with your academic advisor will remove unmet pursuits from your plan of study. Changing curricular records during the graduation term of application may affect state or federal financial aid awards. All requests for exceptions to specific requirements must be made in writing and may be granted only by written approval from the appropriate chair or dean.