Nov 26, 2022
We are excited that you are pursuing a Bachelor of Science with a major in Computer Science. You have taken an important step in this process by completing your TSAP Associate degree in Computer Science. We are ready to help you start this leg of your journey. The Purdue Fort Wayne TSAP on-campus program is designed with you, the learner, in mind.
The B.S. program in Computer Science is accredited by the Computing Accreditation Commission of ABET.
At the time you are admitted to the B.S. program, you will declare your major with the Department of Computer Science.
- Completion of the TSAP A.S. degree is required for admission to the TSAP B.S. degree.
- No courses beyond the requirements for TSAP A.S. degree are required for admission to the B.S. program.
- Each student is expected to select an area of Computer Science Concentration (12 credits). See Computer Science program description for more details.
- Students can choose a minor, if desired.
- Students must earn a graduation GPA of 2.00 or better in courses required for the major that are offered by the major department.
- All students in the B.S. with a major in Computer Science program are expected to meet the same student learning outcomes and program requirements. Additional program requirements exist for all students in the B.S. with a major in Computer Science; see the Program Description page for Computer Science.
- You are responsible for satisfying the graduation requirements specified for your selected program. Thus, it is essential that you develop a thorough understanding of the required courses, academic policies and procedures governing your academic career. All requests for exceptions to specific requirements must be made in writing and may be granted only by written approval from the appropriate chair or dean.
- List of Major courses and supporting courses required at PFW; total credits in program = 120.
- MA 35100 Elementary Linear Algebra - Cr. 3.
- STAT 51100 Statistical Methods - Cr. 3.
- Advanced Communication - Cr. 3.
- ENGL 23401 Technical Report Writing Cr. 3.
- General Education Capstone - Cr. 3.
Computer Science Major Requirements: Credits 28
- CS 23200 Introduction to C and Unix - Cr. 3.
- CS 35000 Programming Language Design - Cr. 3.
- CS 36000 Software Engineering - Cr. 4.
- CS 37400 Computer Networks - Cr. 3.
- CS 44500 Computer Security - Cr. 3.
- CS 46000 Senior Capstone Project I - Cr. 3.
- CS 46500 Senior Capstone Project II - Cr. 3.
- CS 47200 Operating Systems Design - Cr. 3.
- CS 48600 Analysis of Algorithms - Cr. 3
Areas of Concentration: Credits 12
Please see the Computer Science program description page for a complete listing of concentrations and their requirements.
Complete necessary electives to bring program total to 120 credits.