Dec 08, 2023
We are excited that you are pursuing a Bachelor of Science with a major in Information Technology. You have taken an important step in this process by completing your TSAP Associate degree in Informatics. We are ready to help you start this leg of your journey. The Purdue Fort Wayne TSAP program, which can be completed in a combination of on-campus and on-line courses, is designed with you, the learner, in mind.
The Information Technology Program abides by Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, www.abet.org.
At the time you are admitted to the B.S. program in Information Technology, you will declare your major with the School of Polytechnic.
- Completion of the TSAP A.S. degree is required for admission to the TSAP B.S. degree.
- No courses, beyond requirements for TSAP A.S. degree, are required for admission to the B.S. program.
- Earn a graduation GPA of 2.00 or better in the 60 credits required for the major at PFW; students must also earn a grade of C- or better in all PFW courses.
- Student learning outcomes and Special academic regulations specific to the program. All students in the B.S. with a major in Information Technology program are expected to meet the same student learning outcomes and program requirements. Additional program requirements exist for all students in the B.S. with a major in Information Technology; see the Program Description page for Information Technology.
- You are responsible for satisfying the graduation requirements specified for your selected program. Thus, it is essential that you develop a thorough understanding of the required courses, academic policies and procedures governing your academic career. All requests for exceptions to specific requirements must be made in writing and may be granted only by written approval from the appropriate chair or dean.
- List of Major and supporting courses required at PFW; total credits in program = 120.
Supporting Courses: Credits 21
- BUS 10001 Principles of Business Administration - 3 cr
- COM 32300 Business & Professional Speaking - 3cr.
- ENGL 23401 Technical Report Writing -3 cr.
- ENGL 42101 Technical Writing-Projects - 3cr.
- IET 20500 Applied Statistics for Engineering Technology - 3 cr.
- MA 15300 College Algebra - 3 cr
- MA 22900 Calculus for Mng, Soc, Bio Sciences - 3 cr *
* If Calculus was completed at Ivy Tech, students are required to take an approved Technical Elective. See Information Technology (B.S.) page for alist of approved Technical Electives.
Information Technology Major Requirements: Credits 37
Approved Elective Courses
- Complete any course except ETCS 10600 to bring the program total to 120 credits.
Additional Course Use:
Courses listed below may also be considered in meeting specific degree requirements.
- MA 22900 required, MA 16500 or MA 22700 accepted