Aug 08, 2022
We are excited that you are pursuing a Bachelor of Science with a major in Electrical Engineering Technology. You have taken an important step in this process by completing your TSAP Associate degree in Electrical Engineering Technology. We are ready to help you start this leg of your journey. The Purdue Fort Wayne TSAP program, which can be completed in a combination of on-campus and on-line courses, is designed with you, the learner, in mind.
The Electrical Engineering Technology Program is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, www.abet.org.
At the time you are admitted to the B.S. program, you will declare your major with the School of Polytechnic.
- Completion of the TSAP A.S. degree is required for admission to the TSAP B.S. degree.
- No courses beyond the requirements for TSAP A.S. degree are required for admission to the B.S. program.
- Earning a graduation GPA of 2.00 or better in the 60 credits is required for the major at PFW; students must also earn a grade of C- or better in all PFW courses.
- Student learning outcomes and Special academic regulations specific to the program. All students in the B.S. with a major in Electrical Engineering Technology program are expected to meet the same student learning outcomes and program requirements. Additional program requirements exist for all students in the B.S. with a major in Electrical Engineering Technology; see the Program Description page for Electrical Engineering Technology.
- You are responsible for satisfying the graduation requirements specified for your selected program. Thus, it is essential that you develop a thorough understanding of the required courses, academic policies and procedures governing your academic career. All requests for exceptions to specific requirements must be made in writing and may be granted only by written approval from the appropriate chair or dean.
- List of Major courses and supporting courses required at PFW; total credits in program = 120.
- ECET 11400 Foundations of Programming - 3cr.
- CHM 11100 or PHYS 21900 General Chemistry or General Physics II - 3-4 cr. [Depending on course transfer.]
- IET 10500 Industrial Management - 3cr.
- B7 (Interdisciplinary Ways of Knowing) Elective - Cr. 3
- ECET 29600 Electronic System Fabrication - 3cr.
- ECET 30700 Analog Network Signal Processing - 4cr.
- ECET 35700 Real-Time Digital Signal - 4cr.
- ECET 30200 Control Systems - 4cr.
- ECET 30300 Communications - 4cr.
- ECET 36100 Introduction to PLC and Pneumatic Systems - 4cr.
- ECET 47000 Technical Project Management - 3cr.
- ECET 49000 Senior Design I - 1cr.
- ECET 49100 Senior Design II - 2cr.
- ECET or CPET course at the 30000 or 40000 level- Cr. 4
- ECET or CPET course at the 30000 or 40000 level - Cr. 3
- Industrial Engineering Technology (IET) or Mechanical Engineering Technology (MET) course - Cr. 3 (not ET 10600)
- ENGL 23401 Technical Report Writing - 3cr.
- ENGL 42101 Technical Writing-Project - 3cr.
- IET 20500 Statistics or Applied Statistics for Engineering Technology- Cr. 3