May 17, 2021
We are excited that you are pursuing a Bachelor of Science with a major in Chemistry. You have taken an important step in this process by completing your TSAP Associate degree in Chemistry. We are ready to help you start this leg of your journey. The Purdue Fort Wayne TSAP on-campus program is designed with you, the learner, in mind.
At the time you are admitted to the B.S. program, you will declare your major with the Department of Chemistry.
- Completion of the TSAP A.S. degree is required for admission to the TSAP B.S. degree.
- No courses beyond the requirements for TSAP A.S. degree are required for admission to the B.S. program.
- Students can choose a minor, if desired.
- A GPA of 2.00 or higher for all major department courses taken in all CHM courses numbered 300xx and above.
- Student learning outcomes and Special academic regulations specific to the program. All students in the B.S. with a major in Chemistry are expected to meet the same student learning outcomes and program requirements. Additional program requirements exist for all students in the B.S. with a major in Chemistry.
- You are responsible for satisfying the graduation requirements specified for your selected program. Thus, it is essential that you develop a thorough understanding of the required courses, academic policies and procedures governing your academic career. All requests for exceptions to specific requirements must be made in writing and may be granted only by written approval from the appropriate chair or dean.
- List of Major courses and supporting courses required at PFW; total credits in program = 120.
TSAP in Chemistry (B.S.) 2-Year Plan :
- MA 26100 Multivariate Calculus, 4 credits
- 6-8 Credits Language Sequence
- GCAP Category C8 - Capstone Experience, 3 credits
Chemistry Major Requirements: Credits 26
- CHM 19400 Freshman Chemistry Orientation, 1 credit
- CHM 24100 Intro Inorganic Chemistry, 4 credits
- CHM 28000 Chemical Literature, 1 credit
- CHM 32100 Analytical Chemistry I, 4 credits
- CHM 34200 Inorganic Chemistry, 3 credits
- CHM 37600 Physical Chemistry Lab, 2 credits
- CHM 38300 Physical Chemistry, 4, credits
- CHM 38400 Physical Chemistry, 2 credits
- CHM 42400 Analytical Chemistry II, 4 credits
- CHM 49600 Advances in Chemistry I, 0 credits
- CHM 49700 Advances in Chemistry II, 1 credit
- Free Electives as needed to reach 120 credits total for degree