Jan 23, 2021
Organizational Leadership, Post-baccalaureate Certificate
Department of Organizational Leadership
College of Engineering, Technology, and Computer Science
Neff Hall 288 ~ 260-481-6496
Gordon Schmidt, Chair
Kimberly O’Connor, Graduate Program Director
The post-baccalaureate certificate in Organizational Leadership is based on the core of the Organizational Leadership master’s degree program. The courses combine theory and practice to yield a combination that is immediately applicable to the workplace and builds a foundation for more specialized study for those interested in advanced work.
The Organizational Leadership Post-baccalaureate Certificate is designed for:
The post-baccalaureate certificate allows students to begin graduate level study with a specific goal without requiring the commitment of time and financial resources necessary to pursue master’s level study. It includes much of the foundational coursework required for the master’s degree in OL, and provides the option to continue for a master’s, using up to 12 credit hours earned as a graduate post-baccalaureate student.
Through the required courses, students in the OL Post-baccalaureate Certificate program will develop their abilities to:
- identify ways to assess and enhance organizational climate and culture
- understand the complexity and interrelated nature of organizational phenomena
- identify practices that promote teamwork as well as personal and organizational effectiveness
In addition to admission requirements for OL graduate study, these guidelines apply for the Organizational Leadership Post-baccalaureate Certificate:
- Students who are currently admitted to any Purdue University graduate degree program at PFW are eligible to earn the certificate if they are approved for admission to the program through the Department of Organizational Leadership.
- Students who are not currently admitted to the Purdue Graduate School must apply for admission in the Department of Organizational Leadership.
- Students already enrolled in the OL master’s degree program are not eligible for the certificate. Students who initially enroll in the post-baccalaureate certificate program may apply for the OL master’s near completion of the certificate requirements or after the certificate has been granted. A maximum of 12 credit hours earned in the certificate may be applied to a master’s degree.
- Students may take a maximum of six OL graduate credit hours prior to admission to the post-baccalaureate certificate program that may be counted toward completion of the certificate.
- If approved by the OL Graduate Admissions Committee, a maximum of three graduate-level transfer credits may be applied to the requirements for the certificate.
For further information, contact Kimberly O’Connor, Organizational Leadership Graduate Program Director, phone: 260-481-6496.
Certificate Requirements (15 credit hours)
You are responsible for satisfying the graduation requirements specified for your selected program. Thus, it is essential that you develop a thorough understanding of the required courses, academic policies and procedures governing your academic career. All requests for exceptions to specific requirements must be made in writing and may be granted only by written approval from the Graduate Director.