Oct 31, 2020
We are excited that you are pursuing a Bachelor of Science with a major in Mechanical Engineering Technology. You have taken an important step in this process by completing your TSAP Associate degree in Mechanical Engineering Technology. We are ready to help you start this leg of your journey. The Purdue Fort Wayne TSAP on-campus program is designed with you, the learner, in mind.
The Mechanical Engineering Technology Program accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, www.abet.org.
At the time you are admitted to the B.S. program, you will declare your major with the School of Polytechnic.
- Completion of the TSAP A.S. degree is required for admission to the TSAP B.S. degree.
- No courses beyond the requirements for TSAP A.S. degree are required for admission to the B.S. program.
- Earning a graduation GPA of 2.00 or better in the 60 credits is required for the major at PFW; students must also earn a grade of C- or better in all PFW courses.
- All students in the B.S. with a major in Mechanical Engineering Technology program are expected to meet the same student learning outcomes and program requirements. Additional program requirements exist for all students in the B.S. with a major in Mechanical Engineering Technology; see the Program Description page for Mechanical Engineering Technology.
- You are responsible for satisfying the graduation requirements specified for your selected program. Thus, it is essential that you develop a thorough understanding of the required courses, academic policies and procedures governing your academic career. All requests for exceptions to specific requirements must be made in writing and may be granted only by written approval from the appropriate chair or dean.
- Total credits in program = 120.
- List of Major courses and supporting courses required at PFW
- PHYS 21900 General Physics II - 4 cr.
- ET 20000 Strength of Materials - 3 cr.
- IET 20500 Statistics for Engineering Technology (or STAT 30100 ) - 3 cr.
- ECET 11400 Introduction to Visual Basic (or ITC 13000 ) - 3 cr.
- ECET 21100 Electrical Machines & Controls - 3 cr.
- MET 21600 Machine Elements - 4 cr.
- ENGL 23401 Technical Report Writing - 3 cr.
- MET 31200 Dynamics & Mechanisms - 3 cr.
- MET 33500 Basic Machining - 3 cr.
- MET Technical Selective (MET 24700 , MET 34700 , MET 44000 , ET 22000 , ET 23000 , ET 24000 , ET 31000 , ET 32000 , or ET 34000 ) - 3 cr.
- MET 30000 Applied Thermodynamics - 3 cr.
- MET 35000 Applied Fluid Mechanics - 3 cr.
- MET 37000 Introduction to Heat Transfer - 3 cr.
- MET 38100 Engineering Materials - 3 cr.
- IET 35000 Engineering Economy - 3 cr.
- ENGL 42101 Technical Writing Projects - 3 cr.
- MET 49900 Special 4-credit version of Senior Design - 4 cr.
- Computer Programming Elective (recommended: CPET 19000 , ECET 26400 , ECET 36100 , CS 20300 , or CS 16000 ) - 3 cr.
- IET 20400 Techniques for Maintaining Quality - 3 cr.