Nov 29, 2020
We are excited that you are pursuing a Bachelor of Science Chemistry (B.S.C.) with a major in Chemistry. You have taken an important step in this process by completing your TSAP Associate degree in Chemistry. We are ready to help you start this leg of your journey. The Purdue Fort Wayne TSAP on-campus program is designed with you, the learner, in mind.
This program is accredited by the American Chemical Society Accreditation.
At the time you are admitted to the B.S.C. program, you will declare your major with the Department of Chemistry.
- Completion of the TSAP A.S. degree is required for admission to the TSAP B.S. degree.
- No courses beyond the requirements for TSAP A.S. degree are required for admission to the B.S. program.
- Students can choose a minor, if desired.
- A GPA of 2.00 or higher for all major department courses taken in all CHM courses numbered 300xx and above.
- All students in the B.S.C. in Chemistry program are expected to meet the same student learning outcomes and program requirements. Additional program requirements exist for all students in the B.S.C. in Chemistry; see the Program Description page for Chemistry (B.S.C.).
- You are responsible for satisfying the graduation requirements specified for your selected program. Thus, it is essential that you develop a thorough understanding of the required courses, academic policies and procedures governing your academic career. All requests for exceptions to specific requirements must be made in writing and may be granted only by written approval from the appropriate chair or dean.
- List of Major courses and supporting courses required at PFW; total credits in program = 120.
- MA 26100 Multivariate Calculus, 4 credits
- MA 35100 Elementary Linear Algebra, 3 credits
- MA 36300 Differential Equations, 3 credits
- PHYS 34200 Modern Physics, 3 credits
- PHYS 34300 Modern Physics Lab, 1 credit
- 6-8 Credits Language Sequence
- GCAP Category C8 - Capstone Experience, 3 credits
Chemistry Major Requirements: Credits 33
- CHM 19400 Freshman Chemistry Orientation, 1 credit
- CHM 24100 Intro Inorganic Chemistry, 4 credits
- CHM 28000 Chemical Literature, 1 credit
- CHM 32100 Analytical Chemistry I, 4 credits
- CHM 34200 Inorganic Chemistry, 3 credits
- CHM 34300 Inorganic Chemistry Lab, 1 credit
- CHM 37600 Physical Chemistry Lab, 2 credits
- CHM 38300 Physical Chemistry, 4, credits
- CHM 38400 Physical Chemistry, 2 credits
- CHM 42400 Analytical Chemistry II, 4 credits
- CHM 49600 Advance in Chemistry I, 0 credits
- CHM 49700 Advances in Chemistry II, 1 credit
- CHM 53300 Introductory Biochemistry, 3 credits
- CHM Elective (CHM 3xx, 4xx, or 5xx), 3 credits
- Free Electives as needed to reach 120 credits total for degree