2020-2021 Undergraduate Catalog
Early Childhood Education Certification Only (Preschool - Grade 3)
Program: Early Childhood Education Certification Only
School of Education
College of Professional Studies
Neff Hall 250 ~ 260-481-4146
The early childhood education certification only program is designed for candidates who hold a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college and desire to teach in preschool or elementary primary (P-3) school settings. Upon successful completion, candidates may apply for an Indiana teaching license. Candidates must demonstrate competencies in four content areas of Reading/English Language Arts, Mathematics, Science/Health/PE, and Social Studies/Fine Arts by passing content exams in each area prior to student teaching.
Note: C- OR BETTER IS REQUIRED FOR ALL COURSES USED TOWARD THIS PROGRAM
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion this program in Early ChildhoodCertification Only students will:
- Become more caring, humane and functional citizens in a global, multicultural, democratic society
- Improve the human condition by creating positive learning environments
- Become change agents by demonstrating reflective professional practice
- Solve client problems through clear, creative analyses
- Assess client performance, creating and executing effective teaching, counseling, and educational leadership by utilizing a variety of methodologies reflecting current related research
- Utilize interdisciplinary scholarship, demonstrating technology and critical literacies, and effectively communicating with all stakeholders.
Our education programs are accredited through CAEP (Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation). We are nationally recognized as a high-quality program through the National Association for the Education of Young Children. Because of these statuses, students who meet specified requirements are eligible for the early childhood education teaching license in the state of Indiana. Indiana holds reciprocal licensing agreements with other states.
This program is available on campus
Declaring This Program
You must declare this program with the School of Education