Oct 27, 2020
Neff Hall 288 ~ 260-481-6420
The student learning outcomes for the degree are as follows:
- Students will show an awareness of the cultural context of organizations and demonstrate their ability to work with diverse others.
- Students will be able to design, lead and participate in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Students will demonstrate an understanding of the professional and ethical implications and responsibilities of leadership.
- Students will be able to communicate effectively in written, verbal and technological environments.
- Students will be able to engage in self-reflection for professional and personal development.
This program helps you prepare for leadership positions or for advancement in a wide variety of organizations. The A.S. with a major in organizational leadership is of particular benefit to individuals who already possess technical skills and work experience and to students who complete the program along with a bachelor’s degree in a technical or behavioral-science area.
To earn the A.S. with a major in organizational leadership, you must satisfy the requirements of Purdue University Fort Wayne (Regulations ) and the College of Engineering, Technology, and Computer Science, Department of Organizational Leadership (Colleges ); earn a grade of C- or better in ENGL 13100, ENGL 23301, required General Education courses with a cumulative 2.0 GPA in this area, and each OL course with a 2.5 cumulative GPA in this area. Regardless if you are able to enroll in a course, you must obtain a C- or better before advancing into the next course that requires the prerequisite. A student must also complete the following requirements:
Category A: Foundational Intellectual Skills
1. Written Communication Credits: 3
2. Speaking and Listening Credits: 3
3. Quantitative Reasoning Credits: 3
Category B: Interdisciplinary or Creative Ways of Knowing
5. Social and Behavioral Ways of Knowing Credits: 6
General Education Requirement, Category A or B Credits: 6
Must take an additional 6 credits chosen from Category A or B of General Education Requirements .
OL Core Classes: Credits 15
Technical Support Requirements: Credits 15
Special Academic Regulations for Organizational Leadership Degree Programs
To graduate with an OL A.S. degree, students must have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or above and a major GPA of 2.5 or above. OL, business, and technical courses taken more than 10 years ago will not count towards your degree requirements.
If you have not registered for degree-applicable courses as a Purdue Fort Wayne OL major for two consecutive semesters (excluding summer), you must satisfy the degree requirements specified in the Purdue Fort Wayne catalog that includes your year of re-entry.
You are responsible for satisfying the graduation requirements specified for your selected program. Thus, it is essential that you develop a thorough understanding of the required courses, academic policies and procedures governing your academic career. All requests for exceptions to specific requirements must be made in writing and may be granted only by written approval from the appropriate chair or dean.
Additional Course Use:
Courses listed below may also be considered in meeting specific degree requirements:
MA 14000, 15300 required, MA 15400, 16500, 22900 accepted