Engineering, Technology and Computer Science Bldg. Rm. 321 ~ 260-481-6965
Manufacturing is Northeast Indiana’s largest sector, involving over 70,000 jobs. Moreover, according to the In-Demand Career Report by the Purdue University Fort Wayne Community Research Institute (2016), mechanical and industrial engineers are among the top careers in Northeast Indiana with over 100+ openings projected annually and the majority of those positions related to manufacturing.
Over time, the manufacturing sector has undergone significant changes with a current emphasis on “advanced manufacturing” stressing innovation and employing state-of-the-art technologies. The mechanical engineering program now offers a six-course (18-credit hour) certificate in advanced manufacturing engineering.
This curriculum provides students a broad foundation in fundamental manufacturing processes, techniques and principles as well as exposing students to advanced technologies and stressing the integration of new tools into manufacturing processes to raise productivity and enhance value.
Mechanical engineering studentst interested in a credential to prepare for a career in advanced manufacturing, to update manufacturing expertise, or to move into manufacturing management should consider this certificate.
For more information contact Dr. Don Mueller (email@example.com)
* With approval of the mechanical engineering curriculum committee, course substitution may be permitted.
t Students graduating with a BSME at Purdue Fort Wayne would need only two extra courses to get this certificate. The other four courses could count for the four technical elective courses required for the BSME degree.
- While the majority of the courses for this certificate program are delivered as on-campus courses, the possibility of taking some courses on-line from the West Lafayette campus of Purdue exists.
Declaring this Major:
Admission to the certificate program requires that students must have the following requirements:
- Finished at least 60 credit hours in the BSME degree program.
- Achieved a grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.5 at the time of application.
- Proper course pre-requisites.
Interested students should apply: https://www.pfw.edu/departments/etcs/depts/cme/course/AdvManEngr_certificate_program.pdf