Division of Organizational Leadership and Supervision
College of Engineering, Technology, and Computer Science
Neff Hall 288 ~ 260-481-6420 ~ www.ipfw.edu/ols
The student learning outcomes for the degree are as follows:
- Students will demonstrate an understanding of contemporary issues and theories in the areas of leadership, human resources systems and team design and facilitation.
- Students will demonstrate an understanding of organizational behavior at the individual, group and organizational levels of analysis using theories derived from several behavioral sciences.
- Students will show an awareness of the cultural context of organizations and demonstrate their ability to work with diverse others.
- Students will be able to design, lead and participate in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Students will be able to apply theories to real organizational and leadership problems.
- Students will be able to adapt to and to manage organizational transformations and to be informed and engaged participants in such processes.
- Students will demonstrate an understanding of the professional and ethical implications and responsibilities of leadership.
- Students will demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills.
- Students will be able to analyze and solve problems occurring within organizations.
- Students will be critical readers and better consumers of behavioral science research.
- Students will be able to examine their own behaviors and beliefs about organizations and contrast them with the theories and observations of others.
- Students will be able to manage their environment by planning for and using current technology, tools, and processes.
The bachelor’s program focuses on leadership roles, the human relations concerns of supervisors and human resource issues. Courses emphasize current and future workplace topics, such as teamwork and work groups, facilitation skills, employee training and development, individual creativity and innovation, workforce diversity, employee health and safety, and overseeing change.
To earn the B.S. with a major in organizational leadership and supervision, you must satisfy the requirements of IPFW (see Part 8 ) and the College of Engineering, Technology, and Computer Science, Division of Organizational Leadership and Supervision (see Part 4 ); earn a grade of C or better in ENG W131, ENG W233 (or approved substitute), and each OLS course; and complete the following requirements: