Department of Computer Science
College of Engineering, Technology, and Computer Science
Engineering, Technology, and Computer Science Building 125 ~ 260-481-6803
The department strives to offer students excellent instruction and educational opportunities in computer science and applied computer science as well as in information systems.
It endeavors to provide its students a durable technical foundation in an environment of rapid technical change, to enable and promote their professional growth through contact with the best professional practice, and to play a role of resource and technical leadership in the regional communities.
Program Educational Objectives
The Computer Science Program Educational Objectives are to produce graduates who:
- are able to apply the theoretical and technical computer science knowledge to analyze, design, implement, test, and maintain high quality computer-based solutions;
- hold professional computer science/information systems positions or pursue graduate studies in computer science or other related degrees;
- exhibit skills in effective oral and written communication, leadership, and are able to work individually and in diverse teams;
- contribute to Fort Wayne and the greater northeast Indiana region economy as productive and successful professionals in computing and information systems;
- pursue lifelong learning in their computing professions;
- demonstrate commitment to high ethical and professional standards within the community and profession.
Two bachelor’s programs in computer science are offered: a B.A. and a B.S. You should review both programs before selecting one.
The degree programs in computer science provide a strong background to students interested in developing software for diverse computer applications. Preparation includes an understanding of programming and problem solving, data abstraction, computer hardware organization, operating systems, programming language design and translation, and development of large-scale software systems.
The Computer Science Department also offers the Bachelor of Science in Information Systems and an Associate of Science in Information Systems. In addition to the degrees, the department offers a minor in Computer Science, Information Systems and Informatics.