Feb 29, 2020
2018-2019 Undergraduate Catalog [Archived Catalog]
Physics B.S. with Concentration in Optoelectronics and Photonics
Department of Physics
College of Arts and Sciences
Kettler Hall 126B ~ 260-481-6306
The concentration in Optoelectronics and Photonics is for students with an interest in optics.
Student Learning Outcomes:
Upon completion of this degree, students will:
- have the skills that can lead to a career in lasers, bio-optics, imaging, and optoelectronics and photonics, or for pursuing graduate education in physics, engineering, medical physics, or law
- This program is available on-campus
Declaring this Major:
- Physics 15200 must be repeated if a grade of C- or below is received
- A grade of C- or above in all supporting courses is required
- A maximum of one grade below C- is allowed except for in supporting courses
- A GPA of 2.00 or higher for all major department courses taken
To earn the B.S. with a major in Physics and a concentration in Optoelectronics and Photonics, you must fulfill the following requirements in addition to the General Requirements noted above:
General Education Requirements: Credits 33
- Click on the Purdue Fort Wayne General Education Requirements link above for details
- A grade of C- or higher is required in each course used to satisfy the General Education Requirements
College of Arts and Sciences Requirements
- Click on the Purdue Fort Wayne College Requirements link above. Go to Requirements for the Bachelor of Science Degree.
English Writing and Speaking: Credits 6
- See Part A in Arts and Sciences Requirements for the Bachelor of Science Degree for Speaking requirement
International Language: Credits 8
- See Part B in Arts and Sciences Requirements for the Bachelor of Science Degree
Core and Concentration (Major) Courses: Credits 59
Supporting Courses: Credits 22
- Sufficient additional credits to bring the total to 120.
You are responsible for satisfying the graduation requirements specified for your selected program. Thus, it is essential that you develop a thorough understanding of the required courses, academic policies and procedures governing your academic career. All requests for exceptions to specific requirements must be made in writing and may be granted only by written approval from the appropriate chair or dean.