School of Polytechnic
College of Engineering, Technology, and Computer Science
Engineering, Technology, and Computer Science Building 221 ~ 260-481-4127
Industrial Engineering Technology is part of the School of Polytechnic.
IET A.S. Program Objectives
- To prepare graduates with knowledge, technical, analytical, and managerial skills necessary to develop, implement, and improve integrated systems in manufacturing and service industries that include people, materials, equipment, information, and energy.
- To develop a respect for diversity and a knowledge of contemporary professional, societal, and global issues with an understanding of professional and ethical responsibilities.
- To prepare graduates for both immediate employment and continuation in the BS program.
Student learning outcomes for the degree are as follows:
- An ability to select and apply the knowledge, techniques, skills and modern tools of industrial engineering technology
- Technical expertise in quality, metrology, and SPC (Statistical Process Control)
- Technical expertise in ergonomics and work methods design
- Technical expertise in facilities layout, and production planning and control
- Technical expertise in CAD, engineering graphics
- Technical expertise in materials, manufacturing processes, and basic machining
- An ability to select and apply a knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering, and technology to problems that require the application of principles and applied procedures or methodologies
- An ability to conduct standard tests and measurements; to conduct, analyze, and interpret experiments; and to apply experimental results to improve processes
- An ability to design systems, components, or processes
- An ability to function effectively as a member or leader on a technical team
- An ability to identify, analyze and solve technology problems
- An ability to communicate effectively through writing
- An ability to communicate effectively through oral presentation
- An ability to communicate effectively through graphical communication
- An understanding of the need for and an ability to engage in self-directed continuing professional development
- An ability to understand professional and ethical responsibilities
- A knowledge of and respect for diversity
- A knowledge of the impact of solutions in a societal and global context
- A commitment to quality
- A commitment to timeliness
- A commitment to continuous improvement
The Industrial Engineering Technology degree is accredited by the Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org.
POLYTECHNIC programs emphasize practice-based learning via hands-on laboratory applications using state-of-the-art equipment. Some courses are available through online, distance, and hybrid learning, however many incorporate an on-campus laboratory element.
Declaring This Major:
Students interested in declaring Industrial Engineering Technology as their major may do so in one of two ways:
1. On their application when they first apply to the university.
2. After meeting with a faculty advisor, a change of major can be declared.
- Degree Requirements
- General Education Requirements
- Overlapping Content
- Academic Regulations
- Students must complete all courses earning grades of C- or better.
- Student Responsibilities: You are responsible for satisfying the graduation requirements specified for your selected program. Thus, it is essential that you develop a thorough understanding of the required courses, academic policies, and procedures governing your academic career. All requests for exceptions to specific requirements must be made in writing and may be granted only by written approval from the appropriate chair.
- Transfer credit limits, see Academic Regulations above.
- General Education and Major courses as listed below.